Although many people brush their teeth every day, they still get dental diseases. Most of them are caused by many misunderstandings in the choice and use of toothbrushes, and they are caused by not choosing the right toothbrush. Today, I will introduce these misunderstandings to you. What? Hope you all have healthy and beautiful teeth.
There are many types of toothbrushes on the market, and you need to choose them scientifically. Once you choose to use them incorrectly, it may cause the following three hazards:
1. The teeth are subject to excessive friction, which will gradually wear down the enamel, which will cause tooth sensitivity, frequent tooth bleeding, tooth pain, and other problems.
2. In fact, many people are dental patients. If you choose the wrong toothbrush and use it incorrectly, it may lead to aggravation of oral problems!
3. Using an unsuitable toothbrush for a long time can easily lead to chronic tooth damage. Users may not find that their teeth have been damaged for a long time. Loose teeth, receding gums, and other irreversible consequences!
To stay away from the above three major harms, I have summed up a few misunderstandings that everyone is prone to fall into, and help everyone learn to choose a toothbrush scientifically:
1. Use a U-shaped toothbrush
Do not use a U-shaped toothbrush, as it cannot penetrate deep into the gaps between the teeth, and the cleaning power is about zero. Use a normal electric toothbrush or manual toothbrush to better clean the dead corners of the mouth and avoid tooth decay.
2. Use a straight toothbrush
Toothbrushes can be divided into angle type and straight type. Angle-type toothbrushes are more recommended, 17-20° is suitable. Angle toothbrushes can more easily brush the dead corners and blind areas in the mouth, and the cleaning effect is better.
3. Use an adult toothbrush for children
Children should not mix adult toothbrushes with them. They should use soft-bristled children’s toothbrushes with a larger bristle gap, moderate hardness, small and narrow brush heads, and at least an 80% of brushing rate. The handle is thicker so that children can hold it comfortably.
4. Use a toothbrush with unsuitable bristle hardness
Too hard bristles can cause damage to teeth and gums when brushing, and long-term use can wear away enamel and cause gums to bleed. The bristles are so soft that it’s hard to clean your teeth. Therefore, we should choose a toothbrush with moderate hardness.
5. The toothbrush is used for too long
Toothbrushes should not be used for too long and should be replaced at least every three months, otherwise, the toothbrush will explode, the cleaning power will be greatly reduced, and it will easily wear down the tooth enamel.
6. Did not pay attention to check the rounding rate of the toothbrush
The rounding rate of the bristles needs everyone to pay attention to. If the rounding rate is low, it is easy to wear teeth and scratch the gums. Chinese people choose toothbrushes, and they should choose products with a rounding rate of more than 80%!
7. Toothbrush handle is too smooth
The handle of the toothbrush should have an anti-slip treatment, so that the toothbrush has a better grip, and avoids the fact that the handle is too slippery and cannot be used when brushing teeth.
8. The orthodontic crowd did not use the concave-convex toothbrush well
For orthodontics, it is recommended to use a concave-convex orthodontic toothbrush, which can go deep into the gap between the aligner and the teeth for a more comprehensive oral cleaning. For concave and convex toothbrushes, you can consider our toothbrushes.
9. Not using an interdental brush to clean between teeth
If the gap between the teeth is relatively large, you also need to use an interdental brush to clean the gap between the teeth.
10. Using the toothbrush incorrectly
A good toothbrush must also be matched with the correct brushing method to clean the teeth. It is recommended that everyone learn to use the Pap brushing method to clean the teeth comprehensively and not easily damage the teeth.
11. Not everyone can use an electric toothbrush
Electric toothbrushes are not suitable for everyone. For example, children under the age of four, people over the age of sixty, people with sudden oral problems, and people with severe periodontal disease should not use electric toothbrushes blindly but should listen to the dentist.
12. Wrong pursuit of expensive toothbrushes
There are many types of toothbrushes on the market, and the prices vary greatly, but the higher the price of the toothbrush, the better. The most important thing is the toothbrush that suits you.
13. Choose a toothbrush with an oversized brush head
The toothbrush head is not as big as possible, too big toothbrush head is difficult to clean teeth, gingival sulcus, is use for a long time, plaque accumulation, easy to cause dental disease, it is recommended that you choose a toothbrush head size appropriate.
Although the toothbrush is small, it is related to our oral health, so everyone must pay attention to it. When purchasing a toothbrush, we must avoid the above 13 mistakes, stay away from toothbrushes that hurt teeth, and protect our oral health.